We are a John Deere construction and forestry equipment dealership. We have an immediate need for a full-time, first shift Shipping/Receiving/Parts Advisor with opportunity for advancement, currently at our Ashland, Missouri location but will be moving to our new Columbia location soon.
This dual role includes shipping/receiving and parts counter responsibilities. Duties include unpacking, examining, verifying, recording and routing incoming shipments and parts, and preparing items for shipment on a daily basis. Also assisting our customers and service technicians by finding, locating, selling and ordering the required construction equipment parts to complete repairs of equipment.
• Pick up and deliver parts to our suppliers, customers, and service technicians on job sites, driving a company vehicle.
• Greeting customers in a timely and professional manner and providing them with quality customer service.
• Assisting customers with their parts needs over the phone.
• Correctly identifying customer needs and recommending parts solutions, including making hoses as needed.
• Helping maintain inventory control of parts, stocked items, non-stock items, pricing and classification of parts.
• Excellent customer service and sales skills.
• Team player, hard-working and well organized; multi-tasker
• Hold a valid driver’s license. Able to operate a forklift and hand truck safely. Able to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to speak and listen effectively to interpret customer needs.
• Basic data entry, computer and office skills required.
• One or more years’ work experience in a parts department preferred.
• Knowledge of John Deere parts preferred, but not required.
• Working hours: Monday – Friday, 6:30am – 5:00pm; Saturday rotation in the future 6:30am – 12:00 Noon. Pay rate dependent upon experience.
Background check including MVR and pre-employment drug screen required.
Martin Equipment offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package.
• 100% employer-paid health insurance premium for employee and family!
• $40,000 employer-paid life insurance
• Employee-paid dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and flexible spending account.
• 401k retirement plan, paid holidays and paid vacation.