Director of Member Services
MISSOURI BANKERS ASSOCIATION
Director of Member Services
Type: Full Time
Reports to: SVP, Member Services
The Director of Member Services is responsible for membership growth and member engagement. This role actively seeks new member banks, Associate Members and Endorsed Partners to join the association. Additionally, this role focuses on expanding the level of engagement between the MBA and MBA member banks through product and service utilization, Endorsed Member referrals and targeted marketing efforts, and bank/banker recognition programs. Travel is anticipated to be 30% in this role for bank visits, conference attendance and various event participation.
Expectations of the Director of Marketing and Membership Development:
The MBA as a whole is committed to fostering an environment that supports open and clear communication, strong team dynamics and innovation. Because of that, the Director of Member Services is expected to:
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with peers, supervisors and other departments.
- Demonstrate strong team values by supporting others and assisting with other job duties as necessary during busy periods.
- Demonstrate innovation by developing new ideas for education programming and promotion and working with the broader education and marketing team to problem solve.
- Lead development of promotional materials for new and prospective member banks to demonstrate MBA’s mission and communicate value of membership
- Lead development of promotional materials for new and prospective Associate
Members to demonstrate MBA’s mission and communicate value of membership
- Actively recruit non-member banks and new Associate Members, and lead onboarding process for new members
- Develop and foster Endorsed Partner relationships, and maintain a portfolio of active Endorsed Partners (reviewing, ending or renewing partnerships as appropriate)
- Establish annual budget targets for Associate Membership and Endorsed Partner programs and provide tracking against goals throughout the fiscal year
- Coordinate for-profit subsidiary board meetings and key communications
- Assist in production of annual dues mailings and works collaboratively in follow up to collect unpaid dues
- Review and recommend modifications to associate membership dues and benefits as appropriate
- Work with other staff to ensure membership database is regularly updated and hosts accurate member records
- Develop and implement recognition programs, affinity programs and community engagement programs for bankers/member banks (e.g. 50 Year Club, Century Bank, financial literacy, etc.)
- Maintain connection with peer association personnel through SBA meeting attendance, regular calls, etc. to garner best practices/strategies/etc.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time
- Strong communication and engagement abilities
- Detail oriented
- Project management
- Innovative thinking and problem solving