Class A Delivery Driver
CDL Class A Delivery Driver w/ Sign on Bonus
Scholastic is looking for committed Class A drivers for Lift Gate deliveries and pickups of books and supplies that help children become lifelong learners. Scholastic Drivers return home same day(some overnight trips) and will travel in city, suburbs, and rural areas. The pickup and delivery requires the loading and unloading of company trucks at both Branch and Schools, utilizing all safety procedures during this process. Our drivers obtain their daily manifests and inspect their trucks and equipment prior to leaving the Branch.
These positions offer medical, dental and vision benefits, vacation, sick leave, discounts on Scholastic merchandise, 401k and much more. Drivers home most nights and every weekend, hotel and meal stipend on overnight trips, stable hourly income year round, Monday - Friday schedule
All drivers will be given proper equipment including uniforms and shoes and must maintain a professional appearance. Scholastic Drivers adhere to all Company, local, state, and federal rules/regulations inclusive of, but not limited to, DOT, OSHA, etc. Scholastic takes pride in being a drug and alcohol free Company.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
- Ability to travel overnight 1-2 days per week.
- Verifiable commercial driving experience of at least one (1) year required.
- Minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Possess valid Class A CDL license with air brake endorsement.
- Experience driving pup trailers, preferred
- Must pass a drug screen/alcohol screen, Motor Vehicle Record review, criminal background review, and a DOT physical examination indicating physical essential functions of job can be performed as required.
- Must be able to drive vehicle weighing up to 80,000 GVW.
- Preferred experience handling Pup trailers
- Ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs. and push, pull, lift and handle metal/plastic cases weighing more than 350lbs on a regular and repetitive basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer service orientated.
- Must be able to read road maps and follow directions.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Strong team player and the ability to get along with co-workers.
- Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills, and ability to read