Fulfillment Center Supervisor
Fulfillment Center SupervisorScholastic Jefferson City, Missouri, United States
Under the direction of the Area Manager, the Team Supervisor is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the area with particular emphasis on the management of the operations personnel, the implementation of warehouse action plans, the tracking/recording of hours and employee meetings are conducted.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides direct supervision to operations personnel.
- Ensures the safe, clean and efficient operation of the warehouse to meet standards.
- May provide training and technical assistance in other departments.
- Will handle performance reviews, disciplinary issues, coaching/counseling and overall employee relations.
- Oversees Kronos coding, verifying time and monitoring attendance.
- Will schedule personnel and track staffing requirements.
- Matches the skill and background of personnel to work required.
- Assists in developing a program to train and motivate personnel for increased effectiveness.
- May be involved in various projects and cross training in other areas/responsibilities.
- BA/BS degree in Management, Business, Supply Chain/Logistics, or Operations related curriculum preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of proven front-line management experience in operations for a manufacturing or distribution company.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Previous experience utilizing independent decision making.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Previous AS400, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to motivate staff and handle a variety of both personnel and technical issues on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to handle and diffuse stressful situations.
- Proven supervisory skills including organizing and prioritizing work, and utilizing sound judgment.
- Excellent overall customer service skills.
- Must be able to work evening/2nd Shift hours 4pm - 12:30am or overnight/3rd shift hours 11pm - 7am
We offer a complete benefit package, including medical on the first day. Other benefits: dental/vision/401K, paid holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement, onsite clinic and employee book store.
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam veteran.